The Teen Peer Support Group
Teenagers healing together through their grief.
The Teen Peer Support Group brings together teenagers to heal through their grief.
- Teens find great relief knowing they can share their story and their feelings with other teens in their peer group without judgment, embarrassment, or shame. Teens experience life after loss in ways that are unique to them, and other teens in the group know what it’s like. They ‘get it’.
- Experienced facilitators lead the groups and help teens learn about grief, express their own grief, and build confidence in themselves.
- Teenage years are challenging, and the Teen Peer Groups are a rare gift for teens who’ve experienced a loss.
- Parents and Caregivers are encouraged to participate in separate parent/caregiver sessions with the others whose teens attend the Teen’s Peer Group.
- They learn together and move through their grief as a group, while better supporting their son or daughter outside of the group. Experienced facilitators lead these sessions as parents and caregivers gain confidence to know their child is in good hands with Healing Hearts, just like they are.
- Group programs are structured, reliable, and led by trained, experienced facilitators.
- For over a decade, Healing Hearts has hosted and facilitated these groups for children and families.
- All group programs are FREE OF CHARGE to attendees.
Join a Support Group
For more information regarding services or if you would like to register you and your family,
please call us at 262-751-0874
or submit an inquiry below.
Teen Peer Group Meetings
January 31 – April 25, 2022
Located at: First United Methodist Church 121 Wisconsin Ave., Waukesha 53186
Parent/Guardian Meetings occur simultaneously in breakout rooms
See what Teenagers and Parent/Caregiver say about their Peer Support Group:
- “My son has a lot more confidence”.
- “My daughter is more open about her feelings and what she is dealing with.”
- “The people here actually try to help me. They care.”
- “It’s a place to take these feelings in a world that usually doesn’t want to hear about them.”
- “School, friend problems, and anxiety are hard. It’s good to have this place when being a teenager.”
- “Like myself, with Healing Hearts, I saw my son go from an angry stage to a more peaceful stage.”